At Almi Tankers, we rank health and hygiene amongst the top priorities in our operations. Our outmost concern is to ensure that all work is conducted under conditions in accordance with our health and hygiene standards. This applies to shore staff, seagoing personnel and third parties both aboard our vessels and in our office premises. In order to ensure high standards of health and personal hygiene, we:
- Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist.
- Seek to identify and evaluate health, ill health and hygiene risks related to our operations that potentially affect employees, contractors or the public.
- Communicate knowledge about health and hygiene risks to potentially affected individuals or organisations and the scientific community.
- Determine at the time of employment and thereafter, as appropriate, the medical fitness of employees to do their work without undue risk to themselves or others.
- Implement programmes and appropriate protective measures to control such risks, including appropriate monitoring of potentially affected employees.
- Provide or arrange, as appropriate, for medical services necessary for the treatment of employee occupational illnesses or injuries and for the handling of medical emergencies.
- Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of our operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this Policy.
- Conduct and support research to extend knowledge about the health and hygiene effects of our operations.
- Provide voluntary health and hygiene promotion programmes designed to enhance our employees’ well-being and personal safety. These programmes should complement, but not interfere with, the employees’ responsibility for their own health care.
Information about employees obtained through the implementation of health programmes is considered confidential and is not to be revealed to non-medical personnel except at the request of the employee concerned, whenever requested by law enforcement authorities, when dictated by overriding public health considerations, or when necessary to implement the Drug and Alcohol Policy. This policy has the full support of the top management and applies to all employees of Almi Tankers.