It is Almi Tankers’s Policy to promote safety at sea. We are committed to continuous efforts to identify and eliminate or manage safety risks associated with our activities.
Almi Tankers’s goal is to conduct its business in a manner that protects the safety of employees, all persons involved in its operations, customers and the public as well as to prevent all accidents and injuries through the active participation of every employee.
Our goal is to achieve ZERO accidents and ZERO spills through continuous improvement.
To achieve this goal, we :
• Comply with all applicable laws and regulations and apply responsible standards where laws and regulations do not exist.
• Design and maintain facilities, establish management systems, provide training and conduct operations in a manner that safeguards people and property.
• Respond quickly, effectively and with care to emergencies or accidents resulting from our operations, in co-operation with industry organisations and authorised government agencies.
• Stress to all employees, contractors and others working on our behalf their responsibility and accountability for safe performance whilst at work and safe behaviour outside of work.
• Undertake appropriate reviews and evaluations of our operations to measure progress and to foster compliance with this policy.
• Conduct and support research to extend knowledge about the safety effects of our operations and promptly apply significant findings and, as appropriate, share them with employees, contractors, government agencies and others who might be affected.This policy has the full support of the top management and applies to all employees of Almi Tankers.